- There is base pay per class. T
- There are incentives and bonuses.
- Complete the online application. Be careful how you answer. There are some visa questions that can be confusing. This form is “checked” by software – no human reads it. If you make a mistake, the computer is not forgiving. I can send you a screenshot to help you avoid selecting boxes that would inadvertently disqualify you.
- At this point, you should receive an email if you’re moving on to the next step (you might not). Check in with your referring teacher. We have access to automated referral tracking, so we can advise you if you have been approved and what to do next.
- You interview, during which you teach a short demonstration class (your interviewer will stand in for the student). This is where a lot of people get hung up. Interview slots fill quickly. However, there are a few tricks to get an interview slot.
- Sign your contract.
- Upload your documentation (certifications, identification, pictures/bio/short intro video for your profile)
- Wait for your background check to come through. This can take up to five business days. Some companies require teachers to have their own background checks run; however, Gogokid will run your background check on their own.
- Open teaching slots!
If you’re new to online teaching, it’s a lot of information to process. The list above will likely raise more questions for you – great! Ask me – I’m happy to help. You can comment below, email me, or leave a message at this link.
I’m Sandra Girouard, and I’ve been blessed with a long teaching career – first as a music teacher, then an instructional technology manager. When my family’s needs meant traveling and later moving around the country, I began the adventure of homeschooling and eventually working online. Teaching online has allowed me to return to passion my of working with children (besides my own), and lets me spend time each day with students and parents at home and across the world. If you’d like some specific feedback on increasing your bookings or have any other questions about teaching ESL online, I’d love to hear from you. Click here to send me a message.